Why Kiwi Curio?
'A Friend today … an Heirloom tomorrow'
Celebrating over 35 years involvement in Soft Collectibles, I'm excited to feature Robin Rive teddy Bears.
My mother, Robin created award-winning soft collectables in New Zealand from 1973 to 2008. We sold to over 15 countries worldwide.
- Lovingly Handmade in New Zealand
- Created to last from top quality, hard-wearing German Schulte mohair
- Limited Edition Creations inherited & safe-guarded for the next generation
- Easily recognizable by Robin Rive's iconic signature on the paw pad (right for limited, left for non-limited editions)
- Fully jointed for additional character and poseability
- Internationally acclaimed, award winning characters
In 2014, some years after Robin's retirement we had a terrible 'Studio Fire' where most our remaining bears were destroyed. However, on returning from the UK, I discovered the very last survivors. These hardy bears were created pre-2008 and were already 'vintage'.
To share the last of our Robin Rive bears with fellow arctophiles, 'KiwiCurio' was born.
Some teddy bears are the last numbers available from our previous ranges but many bears have been transformed into special one of ones, and are further 'aged', making them even more sought after and 'collectable'.
During my years of travel, I collected lots of 'curios' and interesting pieces that I now incorporate into our 'one of a kind' OOAK teddy bears and dolls.
To make them even more special for you, I love personalising our Hugsters so if there is a particular name or idea you have for a teddy bear, please let me know.
We don't have the capacity to create new Teddys so enjoy our Hugsters whilst you can. Adopt one today.
Beary Best Hugs
Brigitte and the Robin Rive Hug